Sunday, November 23, 2008

Seven More Days

Seven more days of blogging every day....can I make it? I've actually enjoyed blogging every day but I think the quality veers a little south.

This weekend has been quite lovely for a variety of reasons: staying at aloft (a W hotel that has this younger, hipper, less-expensive-more-style feel) with William for his birthday, dinner at Jax (a supper clubby steakhouse type place) for his birthday dinner, supa tasty drinks at Spoonriver (a natural, healthy, organic, lovely place) afterward--he had mojitos, I had a "tequila mockingbird," which tasted like grownup Pixy Stix--a lovely morning sleeping in, leftover steak with eggs this morning. Good conversation, lots of laughs, a snuggly home to return to. Making fleece blankets with my friend for her class, a short trip to Target.

Now it's 5:30 and I'm sad my weekend is drawing to a close....and now the administrative part of the weekend begins....

What did you get up to this weekend?

8 comments:

Julie Q said...

HA! I hear ya on the nablopomo posts. I came up with one today but i'm completely over trying to come up with one tomorrow. It will pretty much be a filler post. its almost over :) long weekend coming up woo hoooo

A. said...

Family, Christmas tree, writing, guitar hero, more family, writing, Vikings, writing, guitar hero, AMAs. That was my weekend.

Fun aloft! The "affordable" W! I'm glad you had a good weekend. :)

Anonymous said...

Spoonriver, is that where you took me when I was in town?

CMS said...

Sounds like a nice, relaxing weekend! On Sat. night 13 adults and six kids under the age of 8 stayed overnight at Aaron's mom's house for an annual slumber party for the cousins. Once the little ones fell asleep, some of us played Apples to Apples (LOVE that game!) and dominoes until 1 a.m. Yesterday I cleaned the porch, cleaned my car, and cleaned the kitchen. Boring, boring, boring, but it felt good to get rid of the clutter.

Anonymous said...

Saw Twilight, shopped with Ben, fought with Ben, made up with Ben, dinner with parents, football, football and more football. Oh, and I read The Road by Cormac McCarthy.

Marissa said...

Sounds like a PERFECT bday weekend!

R said...

You can totally make it to the end of November. You're almost there!

wan said...

spoonriver, wider than a mile...

sorry, i couldn't help it. ;)