Tuesday, September 29, 2009

If Wishes Were Horses

Some things I wish:

I wish that no animal would ever be mistreated.
I wish that no human, especially no child, would ever be made to feel small or worthless.
I wish that people had more joy in their lives; they wouldn't feel the need to be jealous or petty or untruthful.
I wish I had time to read all the books I want to read and write all of the things I want to write.
I wish I had more clarity and resolve.
I wish Hawaii was not a half a country and a huge ocean away.
I wish it wasn't an uphill battle to let everyone live and love the way they want, with healthcare they need and the family they choose, and the safety and stability to flourish.
Well, frankly, if I'm wishing for things, let's wish for some cash flow to shop -- and share -- with others.
I wish for polar bears to have enough ice and for tropical plants to have enough rain.
I wish for a kickass, long-lived career.
I wish for a Ph.D.
I wish for happiness and good health for my family and friends.
I wish for cancer and Alzheimer's and Parkinson's and ALS and alcoholism and depression and all those awful diseases to be eradicated from the Earth.
I wish that no matter how many times the horse bucks me off, I have the courage to get back on.

One thing I wished for, and got:
The love of my life.

One thing I wished for, and didn't get: Patience.

What are some of your wishes?

11 comments:

weezermonkey said...

I wish I could make good money off blogging.

Stacy said...

Some things I wish for:
I wish I wouldn't have to worry about money.
I wish I didn't feel alone almost every night.
I wish I could experience tropical weather in the middle of winter.

A wish that came true:
I have always wished to have a happy, healthy child...and I do.

Great post Katie!! Honestly, all of your wishes speak to my heart!

doahleigh said...

Right now, honestly, I wish for a giant cupcake. I'm not nearly as profound as you at this moment.

Sarah said...

I wish my thesis were all ready over and done with.

I wish for the income to go to school full time and finish my graphic design program.

I wish for long and happy lives for those I love.

I wish for a child or two (or three). And that they will be healthy.

Wish I got: The best man any girl could ever hope for.

Wish I didn't get: the time to know my grandparents better

CMS said...

I wish I had an endless supply of time, money, and fashionable clothes.

I wish bad things never happened to good people.

I wish dinner would magically cook itself every night. (Same for the bathtub magically cleaning itself.)

I wish chocolate chip cookies, Coke, and Cheez-its were as good for us as fruits and veggies.

I wish we got together more often than we do!!

Em said...

I wish I didn't have to work 8 to 5, but could still have a career.

I wish I could worry less about...everything.

I wish I could see my friends a lot more than I do.

Sizzle said...

I kinda think patience is over-rated. (So says the girl who has struggled with this for her entire life. Ahem.)

"I wish that no matter how many times the horse bucks me off, I have the courage to get back on."

Totally.

Charm City Kim said...

Doahleigh's comment made me laugh out loud!

I just wish I knew what I wanted in life or at least had the guts to pursue a passion.

Nanette said...

I wish Willikat lived closer.

Jurgen Nation said...

I wish to have at least one happy hour or evening with wine with Willikat.

I wish to have the greatest, most rewarding journey to my Ph.D. I could ever hope for.

I wish I had enough money to have acres and acres of land (and the money) to set up a no-kill animal shelter so I could protect their innocence and sweetness.

I wish for more posts like this!

wan said...

i wish i didn't have to say goodbye to the teen every other friday for an entire week.