Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Goodies

Good things for today:

1. Cute outfit day.
2. In re: cute outfit day, I splurged and bought a little bit more expensive tights at Target. I figured it'd be a gamble. It paid off! They are super thick and opaque, and kept me warm in a minidress. Well worth the extra couple bucks.
3. New Vanity Fair arrived with Robert Pattinson on the cover. Sigh.
4. Good songs on the radio. Songs I'm currently loving:
  • Buster Voodoo, Rodrigo y Gabriela
  • Sugarfoot, Black Joe Lewis and the Honeybears
  • Drain the Blood, Rural Alberta Advantage
  • Baby, Devendra Banhart
  • Soft Shock, Yeah Yeah Yeahs
  • I'll Fight, Wilco
  • Horchata, Vampire Weekend
  • Lizstomania, Phoenix
  • Heavy Cross, The Gossip
5. Yummy dinner: meatloaf, sweet potato fries, broccoli
6. Zumba class!
7. Reorders from the shops William is in.

10 comments:

Jen said...

By chance were the tights by Assets? I got those in black from Target a few weeks ago, and I have been super impressed with them so far. They're thick and opaque, and they don't slip down. Love them.

I also LOVE "Buster Voodoo" by Rodrigo y Gabriela. Such a cool, cool song. I've been meaning to download their new album. Thanks for the reminder!

weezermonkey said...

We'd have a good time with each other's iPods.

CMS said...

I just heard about Zumba recently. Sounds like a blast!!

Sizzle said...

I am so into Gossip's music lately. It's a little ridiculous. But in a good way! ;-)

Charm City Kim said...

The power of a good, cute outfit is amazing!

Kalisa said...

I strongly believe that meatloaf has become completely underappreciated in today's society. I make it with lipton onion soup mix and oatmeal flakes for moistness.

I also strongly believe we need a photo of said cute outfit. Or at least a description.

doahleigh said...

Tights! I should wear more tights. But I'm not a big dress person, so that kind of doesn't work. Love the look though.

William said...

ooh don't forget
Edward Sharpe "home"
The XX "Crystalised"
Tegan & Sara "Hell"
The Avett Brothers "I and Love and You"
Mason Jennings "The Field"
Florence and the Machine "Drumming Song"
Pete Yorn and Scarlett Johansson "Relator"

and the best for last
Electric Six "Gay Bar"

jk of course, but still funny

William said...

one more
Mayer Hawthorne Just Ain't Gonna Work Out

willikat said...

@Jen: They were not Assets tights, but I have a pair of those and like them, too! I bought the Merona "premium" tights. Highly recommended.
@WeeMo: I think we'd have a good time together, period. I look forward to it.
@CMS: it's fun, but the footwork is hard!
@Sizzle: I'm a big proponent of the good kind of ridiculous.
@Charm City Kim: Agreed!
@Kalisa: Your wish is my command. I will post a photo this week. Your meatloaf sounds good. Perhaps we need a bakeoff.
@William: he has reminded me that links and photos are good. And I am bad at them.