Today, I took my first weightlifting class. Yep.
I think tomorrow is going to hurt really, really, really, really badly. And I have a yoga/pilates class in the morning. Greeeeat.
But seriously though, despite the pain, I'm feeling good. As in, Really Good. I haven't had a stomachache in DAYS. DAYS! And I think that maybe I'm feeling my energy level picking up a little, which Jesus God Hallelujah! Because I don't have a lot of energy typically.
I also have found myself feeling absolutely STARVING the last couple days. That has got to mean that I'm burning up the calories, but nothing has changed outwardly. I feel like I'm off to a really good start.
Otherwise, today has been a typical Saturday. Dog to the groomer, errands, cleaning, laundry. But it feels good to be productive and done.
On tap tonight: takeout and friend time at home.
Happy day.
3 comments:
I started a new workout regimen about two months ago. In the past, I was always thin, so i never had to worry about the weighloss partw when I decided it was time to workout again. I would notice results right away, because I didn't have a layer of fat hiding my efforts. But this time, I'm average weight. So when I started working out and gained five pounds, I started freaking out. I was working hard and the fat still seemed to be there, and my body actually seemed bigger to me. But I stuck with it, and now it's a month later and my body has morphed. The fat is melting off. I am toned... or at least toned in comparison to two months ago :) My body is looking and feeling better. Good luck, stick with it, even if you don't see the results yet, you will... Be patient. :) What else are you doing?
Hi! Thanks for stopping by and for your encouragement! I really appreciate it.
I have always been very thin to thin, too. Now that I'm on these stupid meds, I'm gaining a little weight, and I know it's going to be a bit of a road to get to where I want to go. After all, the 12ish pounds didn't happen in a week, so neither will the results I want. :)
I've also taken some Flow classes, which are a mix of tai chi, yoga, pilates. I've also been doing zumba classes.
So far, I've beaten back some of the side effects and I'm feeling pretty good. I was told 3 weeks, you start to see a little bit, and by 3 months if you keep up the enthusiasm, that's when stuff starts melting off like dominoes. I look forward to that. :)
Katie. I really seriously need you to send me some of this motivation. I want to be more active, but it just sounds so effing boring. How are you doing it?
Post a Comment