Some days, I really want to give back my title of Adult and take back the title of Child.
Today is especially one of those kinds of days.
It started out with opening a piece of mail that was a magazine subscription offer. i was being offered the SENIOR DISCOUNT.
SENIOR DISCOUNT.
.
.
.
SENIOR DISCOUNT!
I am not that much of an adult.
Then, more adult-world-type problems ensued. And want to take care of those problems by writing a note in crayon that I am running away and bringing a peanut butter and jelly sandwich to eat behind the big cottonwood tree in my parents' former backyard.
Now, how can I go about trading in that title?
5 comments:
Reminds me of that Todd Snider song where he says "I feel like I've grown up a bit too much, I think I'd like to grow back down."
This is so funny -- today I was thinking that I wish I wasn't an adult and that I had mommy and daddy to take care of everything for me. Responsibility and tough decisions. Ugh. I'd rather have Fraggle Rock and my old dreams of someday being a princess.
I went to a Hello Kitty-fest tonight. I prefer being a child.
I know! Who knew being an adult was such a pain in the ass. Sometimes I want to turn in my title too.
I hear ya, my friend.
Post a Comment