Thursday, March 27, 2008

Things I Don't Miss

1. Getting up at 6:30 a.m.
2. Packing a lunch.
3. Dressing up.
4. Beige cubicles with no privacy.
5. Commuting.
6. My stupid computer that never worked. I'm finally done with you, Corrupted Fonts!
7. Dealing with copy that only concerned moneyed folk.
8. Being tempted to spend money since I was downtown and the smells of expensive coffee and designer denim were everywhere.
9. Internet monitoring.
10. Meetings!

It's not all bad.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

is that a little, tinsy bit of a silver-lining there?
:)
best-o-luck, darlin'
keep hanging in there, and glad it isn't all bad.

dapotato said...

great list. :)

Sarah said...

It's always good to focus on the positive :)

Cheryl said...

Way to find a silver lining, anyway. Good luck.

CMS said...

11. Driving and parking downtown
12. Cockroaches
13. Smog (ask A about a former very short-lived boss who had "issues" with downtown pollution)
14. Public bathrooms

On the bright side, you survived the first week, which I imagine is the most challenging after a layoff. Try to focus on all of the GREAT wedding-related events you have to look forward to in the coming weeks. (Distraction is a beautiful thing.) And remember that we're here for you if you need us.

wan said...

it's awesome to find some good, no matter what the situation :)

Claire said...

Oh, to be without meetings. Great post, hon.

Cxx

Anonymous said...

For real yo, you make unemployment look awesome!

(Dear employment gods, I do not want to be unemployed.)

R said...

I like your list. :)