man, i KNOW i have been so fascinating lately.
i really want to tell a good story today, but part of the reason i can't is because it would reveal a surprise to a couple of my readers, possibly.
but let's say this: i ordered gifts for a couple of important women in my life, and i had explained to the seller that i needed a particular thing because it was for my wedding.
today i went to my mailbox, and not only were the gifts for my girls there, but so was a gift for ME from this particular woman. it's killing me not to link to her, because she was so awesome, but if you are interested, i can email you the link. and i will post it after some time passes and i can.
but let's just say after spending ANOTHER day at home, sick, it totally made my day. a random act of kindness from a stranger—some really beautiful handmade earrings—accompanied by a congratulatory note. totally unexpected. and honestly, i was bowled over.
i'm so touched.
in other news, the hacking continues. i was up for goodly portions of the night last night, so i stayed home again today. hopefully back to work tomorrow.
8 comments:
I am soooo curious now!
Feel better...
aww its always nice to have little things brighten up your day when you are sick! for me its when perez updates his blog. HAHA
Wow that's so nice! I've never gotten a surprise package. Lucky girl, and you deserve it.
that is soo wonderful! i love random acts of kindness. it's like the ripple effect. she made you feel good, you wrote about it and made all of us feel good!
I took some time to read through your blog tonight, and I just want to say that I am so happy to find another Minnesotan trying to spread acts of kindness.
Your stories about acts of kindness, not only make others feel good, but inspire others to participate in acts themselves.
I want to thank you for the time and effort that you take, even when you are sick, to spread such a wonderful meassage.
Jon -- Elphos.org
That is awesome!
Its nice to know that very nice and thoughtful people still exist in what seems like an f'ed up world!
how very sweet of that woman. it's always good to hear that kindness still exists in today's world.
I fluffy heart random acts of kindness.
Post a Comment