Wednesday, March 5, 2008

addled

that last post... is so indicative of my mind these last few days/weeks. there is so much, so much to do just in every aspect of my life. details flailing around me everywhere, and i feel like i'm failing at picking them all up and getting them set in the right order, something that i used to be really good at!
i know it's a common refrain–there just aren't enough hours in the day... but lately, there aren't. and i can't do the not-sleep thing anymore, like i used to. it's 9:16 and i'm ready to go to bed...but Project Runway is on! i feel like i miss out on a lot of social engagements, hanging out with my mom and dad, spending real quality time with william, and i am definitely missing out on relax katie time. i used to read a book a week; now it's an accomplishment to finish one in a month. i don't have time to pet mo like i like to, play with her, really really talk to william or anyone else for that matter. i certainly don't have time to sit down and do some quality writing here. i need an oil change. i did laundry tonight so that should help for a while.
i just have a lot of irons in the fire. don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to whine, as i hold myself to high standards usually and i want to be everything to everyone and i can't be, and it's all a big push for the next couple months and then i will be in hawaii (happy place). and then i can try and go back to a new normal life. it's just learning to balance it all.
i so tired.

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

I hear you. I mean about the hours in my day and exhaustion. I have been feeling spread thin. I know you'll bounce back though. Hang in there!

wan said...

you'll do just fine! but do get some rest, m'dear.

whee! i'm so excited for your hawaiian wedding :) you'll be just so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

hang in there, i feel like i've been going full-tilt for a while now too. when's spring break???
-a

Stacy said...

Were you happy about who won PR? (I watched too, but don't want to spoil it in case someone ti-vo'd it...hehehe)

Anonymous said...

I cringe at the thought of being so busy. I'm on spring break this week, so I'm feeling a little casual. But I've been that busy before, where you just feel out of control of your life, and it's not fun. Just remember to breathe as they say, and you'll be on the other side of this soon.

Marissa said...

yes, yes, yes. i can SO relate to this right now. i feel like i'm running on empty. i'm attempting to do so many things in such short time and i'm failing too. i'm forgetting to take care of myself. i'm getting sick. i'm cranky & tired. we can whine, and get thru it, together!

R said...

I am busy too and feeling what you feel. Hang in there...it's all for a good reason and it's only temporary. :)