Thursday, June 14, 2007

diamonds are a girl's best friend

To the right, I introduce Blog Love: my list of blogs I've been reading and loving. Some of them I know in real life, others not. There's more to come, I just ran out of time when listing them all, so stay tuned.

And now, to another question: my engagement ring and wedding band. I have a really classic engagement ring--round solitaire on a white gold band. William and I are probably going ring shopping tonight (I have to get mine sized FINALLY after six months), so we thought we'd check out bands to start looking. I'm kind of into the whole mixing stones thing--sapphires or pink sapphires especially--but I'm wondering if other stones will just distract from the solitaire or otherwise look weird if it's on the band. What about diamonds on the band? Should I just go plain? Thoughts?

7 comments:

Nanette said...

Hmmm...I don't know about mixing stones. I have diamonds on my wedding band, which I like with my solitaire.

MrsTwink said...

My wedding band had diamonds all around but it matched my engagement ring which also had diamonds on the band so it worked. I feel like if you had diamonds on the band, it might distract? But that's probably because I'm easily destracted by shiny objects. :)

Just quick advice to you though (I learned this the hard way) - if you find a ring you love, get the style number and call around to several jewelers to get the best price! The Mr. and I bought our ring at one store only to find out we could have saved $600 at another store.

wan said...

i'm a pretty traditional sorta girl, so my rings are pretty simple. although i don't think having stones on your wedding band would detract from your solitaire at all. and, it might actually be kind of fun (and more "you") if you could get perhaps a pink sapphire eternity band? i bet it'd be pretty. you should go and try some on with your e-ring and see how you like it!

btw, my molly is a maltese. biggest dang maltese EVAH - she's 12 pounds. so much for carrying her around in my pocket. ;)

and p.s. yay! i made it to your blog list! i'm such a rock star.

Julie Q said...

I'm always a fan of having extra sparkles on the wedding band. Since your ring is a single solitaire (mine is too)- you should definitely try on some blinged out bands. I myself am a fan of just diamonds for wedding bands, but try out whatever you like! Also check out the vintage style bands, that would look pretty with your engagement ring. Aww have fun!

Anonymous said...

First, you should post pictures of your ring. Or have you? I'm new to your blog.

Second, I love the idea of mixing stones, especially sapphire. Yeah, go for it.

weezermonkey said...

I'm a minimalist, so my motto for everything is "less is more." No mixing for the monkey. :)

Thanks for reading (and linking) my blog!

Cheryl said...

I think you should just wait and try them out. It might be one of those things that you won't know until you see.