Oh, you know, FOUR days from my "I'm a Pollyanna" blog post, I got a swift kick in the ass. Or rather, a Frito Lay truck through the passenger side of my poor, poor Elantra. That's what I get, man.
I was minding my own damn business, driving to work. I stopped at a light. The light turned green. I went through the light, you know, LIKE YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO, and was promptly T-boned by a Frito-Lay delivery truck. I'm not sure he even saw the light. He did, however, give me the kind courtesy (NOT) of honking his horn a mere split second before he smashed my poor vehicle to bits. It pushed me over a lane, but luckily no one was there to collide with.
It was right out of a movie. He honked, I looked right, his entire truck crashed into my car. My whole window was filled with a photo of the Frito-lay logo.
My car is totaled, and I'm sore. Really, really sore. Headaches, muscle aches. Bad enough to take some Vicodin and Flexeril. But, three days later, I am feeling like I'm heading toward healing. now it's just chiropractic/massage therapy for a while.
Yet, although I'm sad about losing my Tupperware Vehicle THREE PAYMENTS from owning it outright...
It could have been so much worse. I could have been seriously injured or killed. I could have had someone in the car with me. They would be hospitalized for sure. I could have hit someone else as a result.
I have a job, I have a source of income to make payments on a new car if I have to. I have health insurance. I have car insurance. I am surrounded by friends and family who are lawyers, doctors, and auto-body mechanics. I know they will do right by me. I was not hit by an uninsured driver, a drunk driver. I was hit by a deliveryman, who has the backing of a corporation. Hopefully they'll cut me a check, and this will all be over.
Until then, I have some major drugs to help me along, I have a few days to recover without pressure from my job, I have parents, siblings, and a husband who are helping me in all the ways they can.
So, really, it's as good as it can be without erasing what happened at 8:45 Thursday morning.
And maybe that still makes my 2010 pretty flippin' awesome.
PS It was national delurking day and I missed it, because I was busy getting smashed into. have some pity and delurk late, k? I could use the company on this-here couch.
12 comments:
I will boycott all Frito Lay products. Unless Frito Lay makes Doritos, then it's boycott terminated.
Feel better dude!
It was a DORITOS-advertised truck, in fact. :(
Better to be hit by a company vehicle than by someone with no insurance, I suppose. I would think Frito Lay would cover everything - car, medical bills. I'm so sorry!
You got hit by a truck?! How did I miss this?! :(
Much love and best wishes for a full recovery -- physically, mentally, and monetarily.
Man. Ugh.
The turnaround in your attitude for 2010 is amazing so far. I'm very proud of you. I don't think last year you could've found "a bright side" to getting hit by a freakin' truck.
xoxo
that is THE WORST. I totaled my car (not my fault) a mere 6 months before it was paid off.
But I'm happy I survived and I needed a new car!
Glad you're okay. Hopefully you get a decent payout from that guy's insurance!
Did you at least get a free year's supply of Doritos for your troubles? (HA HA)
In all seriousness, I'm glad to hear that you're alright - what a terrifying experience! Sorry to hear that your car didn't fare as well. On the bright side, cars are replaceable. You, my friend, are not!!
you know i read this on FB, but i still had to comment.
so sorry about the crash - but dude, if you had to get t-boned by someone, at least it's a major corporation. :)
i think will's got the best idea - the new car needs a vanity plate. CHIPCAR!
Can't Frito-Lay buy you a new car? Man!
I'm so sorry. Please continnue to be careful. I worked out after my accident, not realizing back pain can hit weeks later and I really messed up my shoulder (even after physical therapy). Good luck!
1. Sorry about the crash.
2. Glad you're (mostly) ok.
3. I never notice de-lurking day until you post it. That means I missed it, too.
4. Didn't it used to be de-lurking WEEK?
5. I hereby de-lurk.
So glad it wasn't worse, and happy to hear you're recovering. Sad about the Elantra though. Mine sends its condolences.
Um, they should definitely pay you, and pay for your cay. Seriously. And if they don't...total boycott!
I'm glad you're ok though...
Post a Comment