Thursday, January 7, 2010

The New Year

The New Year has started out with a bang. Things are good. As we might recall, 2009 did not start well for me, and like most of the national psychology in 2009, I thought the year sucked royally. I was glad to kick the Naughties out the door. Begone, Naughties!

I'm still working on my goals, even though it's January 7, which is why you haven't seen a post for a few days. But it's been busy and good.

But I will say this: I'm ready for 2010. I'm ready for it to rock.

I'm ready for good things: travel, kindness, financial stability (maybe finally!), healthy body image, joy in small things, love, bouncing back.

I'm in such a different space these days. Despite a headache and getting yelled at today by a random driver and freezing temps that make me want to take up permanent residence under a fur blanket on my couch, it's a good space.

Bring it.

8 comments:

Nanette said...

"Bring it."

EXACTLY!

Happy new year!

wan said...

hell yeah! preach on, sista.

hope 2010 is more fabulous for all of us than 2009 was sucky.

did that make sense?

my word verification is "comer." muahahahahaha.

Unknown said...

YEAH, well, let us not speak of a positive body image. my daughter told me i looked preggers today. and i'm not pregnant.:)

A. said...

Yay! I love to hear these things from you. :)

CMS said...

You go girl!!

Fatty said...

Travel!

Em said...

I'm with you - glad 2009 is gone and ready for a great 2010! I am also hibernating - a head cold and cold weather make the perfect excuse to get under a blanket for a few days. :)

Christina said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is taking a few more days to put together some resolutions. Maybe that must means we're more thoughtful, right?

Good luck on yours. I have a feeling you'll succeed and 2010 will continue to bring what you're hoping for!