Last night, I had a terrible nightmare, full of things that were dear to me and were being demolished, killed, and ruined.
I woke up, sucking in breath violently, lifting my head off the pillow, convinced my nice life was forever gone, that I was in the same terrible place I'd dreamed. (Mostly because I can't fathom how my mind considers these things at night.)
The green glow from the alarm clock caught my eye. 4:05 a.m. My heart still racing, despite this reminder of all things normal. I hear Molly snoring on the floor beside the bed. Normal normal. I lay back on the pillow. Calm down, calm down, I keep thinking. It wasn't real.
William rolls toward me, slides his arm around me. I don't think he's awake. He just senses it. My heart's still racing. But in this silent conversation, I agree with him. It's all normal. Just go back to sleep.
6 comments:
So sorry about your nightmare. :(
I was going to blog about a funny dream I had last night, but now I feel like, if I do, it will be mocking your post!
Isn't it strange the places our subconsciouses go while we sleep? And how hard some nightmares can be to shake?
OOooohhhh, I HATE that feeling! (The nightmare feeling. The awesome hubby feeling is just great.)
i have had those dreams before. i wake up sweating and barely able to breathe. why do our own minds turn on us like that?
isn't it wonderful to wake up from something horrific and find your beloved hub next to you?
I had a nightmare last night that made me grumpy when I woke up. I am sad that yours scared you. :(
Post a Comment