Just wanted to check in. Got some amazing deals yesterday at the mall. Will post pictures soon. Check this though: dark green trench coat with full skirt, black mod coat (both cheap, or on sale), beret, belt. Happy birthday to me!
Also awesome dinner was had: seared tuna, salmon, baked goat cheese, asparagus with balsamic vinaigrette, decadent chocolate cake. Sophia in a can for me. Summit Pale Ale for William. We had really great conversation. It felt like a date from a long time ago, that kind of energy, coupled with our history as a couple—
That's an interesting thought. We're really getting to a place where we have history. We have been together more than two years now. It'll be nearly three when we get married.
In the grand scheme, I know that's nothing. But despite the troubles we've both encountered in our short years together, we have gelled, more and more each day.
I never dreamed I'd move in with a boy six months after I met him.
Everything has moved so fluidly, so quickly, but also on this track that seems almost predetermined.
In any case, it was really just stars-are-aligned kind of day. We had fun, we talked about lots of interesting things, we flirted, it made me even more convinced that regardless of what other questions I might have about my life, William and I make sense. No question there.
7 comments:
i love days/dates like that and just knowing AND feeling everything in that department is right. happy birthday. your coats sound fab, too.
what a lovely post. you two sound like a wonderful couple!
and, way to go on the mall scores ;)
yesterday we discovered we have birthdays very close to each other...do we have close "anniversaries" too? When will you have been with Will three years? Brad and I are at 2 years, 8 months.
Awww, such a sweet post!
how wonderful is that?! i felt giddy just reading this post. it is so clear you've found your soul mate in him, and vice versa. when that foundation is right, it seems the rest of your life just falls into place. i'm learning to realize that though not everything will always be perfect, the key is genuinely LIKING the person you're with. and wanting to work through everything (and having open lines of communication to do so)!
So we're two days off in our bdays, and exactly three months on date-iversaries (whatever) because ours is April 8! Unfortunatly the boys' bdays are way off. B's is March 31. Damn.
I was pretty much going to say that the fluidity and seed means it was meant to be, but you did anyway. Sounds like a great day!
Post a Comment