thanks for your comments on yesterday's blog. as usual, i'd love to refine and reword and all that, but it sounds like it resonated with a few of you. i love comments, it helps me understand what you guys are all about too.
today was a hectic day, lots of meetings and appointments, rounded out by a seminar presented by the campaign for safe cosmetics, which is something i discovered about a year ago and have been interested in since. i'm too tired now to recap that, but perhaps in a future blog.
some days are just like this; leave the house at 730 am and come home at 10 pm. i don't care for that schedule much but it was an info-packed day. now i feel like i need to shut my mind off and relax.
some of you know me in real life, and some of you just know my typed words. . . and some people i know in real life might not know how much of a worrywort i am. basically, what i'm saying is, i don't know how to relax, really. i mean, give me a beach and about nine days and by day seven i might be there. but i need to learn to relax on a daily basis. reading helps; zombie-ing out in front of the tv is vaguely helpful (but not really refreshing/recharging).
so those of you out there: i'm begging (so please don't leave me hanging with no comments), how do you relax on a daily (or weekly) basis. what can i do in a half hour or so? it can be anything, even if you think it's silly. help a girl out.
5 comments:
Reading is what does it for me. That's why I treasure my bus rides home from work - 20 minutes of my iPod and my book. It helps me unwind from the day.
And while you're right, TV ain't that "recharging," it does help to just sit and stare and let your mind wander during commercials. Laughing at The Office is also a good release for me. Laughter always is - as you and I know! :)
My hubby plays his video games to unwind. I encourage him to play after work most days while I make dinner - it totally helps him let go of the day. Not sure that would work for you, though.
relaxation can come in the form of anything - and it takes on different roles, day to day. some days watching 4 hours of tv is all that I can muster (sad, I know), some days exercise is my release, some days its reading, others it's yoga (you should really borrow on of my yoga tapes and give it a try), sometimes getting together with friends (grey's & girls) and some days the only thing that helps me unwind is a really hot shower. and some days...there is nothing I can do. we can discuss my numerous ways to unwind further...if ya want =)
I like to just chill with my hubby on the couch or go to a low-key nearby restaurant for a long, slow dinner.
I struggle with this too. Having a glass or two of wine helps me.
weird, but hockey relaxes me. i get SOOOO out of my normal routine and am so far away from my work-self that it forces me to relax.
while i'm not saying you should pick up hockey (YOU TOTALLY SHOULD) you might want to consider joining a team of some sort.
Post a Comment