Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Project Charlie

It's just going around. And I'm feelin' it, too.

Summer is my favorite time of year. I love mini skirts and tank tops and flip-flops and lazing around at the beach. This year has been spectacularly devoid of that, but even if it hadn't been, I'd still say I'm quite disappointed at my summer fashion this time 'round. Mostly because I'd say 10% of the things in my closet fit me right now.

This is especially disappointing, considering I bought a lot of cute summer clothes last year for the wedding/honeymoon. I can't wear them! it's a terrible tease.

OK, since this was a bad day, I have to think of some good things to combat it.

Let's see:

Running the 3ish miles. Still.
Crossword puzzles in the back of my New York magazine each week.
The Yeah Yeah Yeahs
The new Kelly Clarkson album
Having less than 10 car payments left.

7 comments:

katielicht said...

I feel like I've been really negative lately, so I appreciate your list of good things! and yeah. . . I have been considering a wide range of options to lose my last bit of baby weight that's keeping me out of all my pre-baby pants, from running to weight watchers. just the thought of either of those things just makes me want to drink wine and eat ice cream though, so I'm not really sure where that leaves me.

dapotato said...

yeah yeah yeahs always pick me up! :)

A. said...

Are you going to see Kelly at the State Fair? I looked up tickets yesterday (and thought of you because you're my Kelly-fan friend), but they were pretty far back. Plus, the $35 doesn't fit in the budget right now. :(

doahleigh said...

I want less than ten car payments left! I'm only half way through my loan.

Also did you run another 3ish miles?

CMS said...

Way to look on the bright side, Katty D.! Another reason to be happy? The State Fair is right around the corner. Oh, and here's a nice story for ya: we still have your reception magnet on our fridge (Adam likes to play with it), and Aaron's uncle asked me last weekend who you are, how we know you, then said you were beautiful. (I agree - both inside and out!)

Charm City Kim said...

omg - the less than 10 car payments is an amazing feeling as it finally being free of payments.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.