Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Stomachaches, Part II

I was FINALLY feeling better yesterday. I didn't eat much but what i did eat agreed with me. I even had a normal dinner—salmon, mashed potatoes, broccoli. Felt very full, but good, all night. Woke up this morning, felt fine. Took shower, felt fine. Got out of shower--whammo--not so fine.

It was an awful 20 minutes or so, where I seriously thought, OK, something is really really wrong here.

I have felt semi-OK the rest of the day. I managed to eat Malt O Meal and tomato soup.

Tomorrow is an all day convention-type thing for work. I'm not sure if I'll make it. I'm waiting to hear from a doctor on an appointment. Meanwhile, I did some reading on IBS. Woww. Yep.

Anyone have any hints or suggestions from people they know who have it?

4 comments:

weezermonkey said...

Curly Fries takes some prescription drugs, but in terms of non-medical stuff, she stays away from caffeine.

She also swears by ginger. She often eats ginger candy or pops little ginger pills when she's not feeling so hot.

I've actually had the little ginger candy myself, and it's yummy!

Anonymous said...

That sucks that you’re still not feeling good. What is going on with your belly, dude? Dear Katie’s stomach: stop being a jerk and leave her alone!

R said...

Hubbs had to eat white rice and crackers for almost a month to get right once. Now he just takes prescription medication for it. It still flares up from time to time.

wan said...

i didn't comment before, because i didn't have any advice, but just know i'm sending you "happy tummy" vibes.