Monday, August 4, 2008

Hair Apparent

OK, after my whiny post I do have a slightly interesting blog topic if you care about hair. I'm still putting the call out, though.

My whole life I have had long, long hair. It's gotten wavier as I've gotten older. It's thick, but fine. It's a very in-between blonde color, which I have been regularly highlighting since, oh, I was 13. (It has a very ashy cast otherwise--grayish).

But the time has come. I need an update. I've lost all interest in doing anything with my hair, even though it's nice. I need an update. I had already been feeling that, but then my mom confirmed that maybe I needed a little hair makeover. And hey, if you can't count on your mom for the truth, who can you count on?

So my hair looks about like this now:


This was at the Kalaheo Coffee Company, where William and I had AWESOME breakfasts, our first morning in Kauai. (PS--I'm really mad because I think I lost my trip journal from this trip, you know, THE MOST IMPORTANT TRIP EVER, and I'm just disgusted with myself. . . ) Anyway, this is a pretty good hair day, nice humidity level in Hawaii, and I styled it.

Here are the following photos of Heidi Klum which I am taking under consideration to show my stylist Tuesday. Input is welcome... or other pictures you think I can take on? I need a little image update, but I don't want to take off too much length.

Love this but don't know if I can pull off the bangs:



Then if I get that cut, I could fluff and curl it into this?:



And yet another take on it:


And yes, I know I will not magically transform into her face, despite my hopes, nor will I achieve her thigh circumference.

Help plz. Any input good.

7 comments:

weezermonkey said...

Yikes to the first Heidi Klum heavy-bang pic! I like the other two, though.

A. said...

I agree, the heavy bangs may not quite work. But I do love the third photo.

However, I so love your hair as is! Maybe you just need to trim off a few inches? I know you were growing it out for the wedding.

Whatever your stylist does though, i know it'll look beautiful. :)

J said...

I like the bangs, though not quite that long. I think you'd look really cute in bangs, but given that your hair is a little wavy, it might be a struggle to keep them laying correctly. I need a hair update too...sigh.

Cheryl said...

I'm one of those straight-haired girls who would just kill for curls, so I like the last one.

Can we see pics of the end result?

addy said...

Yeah, not loving the bangs, but I like how she has it in the others... Do you style yours every day? I always have grand hopes for my hair and then never want to wake up early enough to style it...

Anonymous said...

I love the middle one. I think it would look great. And then you could also go with the curls if you felt like it. I agree with the other - heavy bangs might be a bit much, but I like the less harsh bangs.
PS. Say hi to Shannon for me!

R said...

You are so much better than I...I don't style my hair ever. Maybe that's why I'm so boring? Well, whatever you choose it'll be good. You'll feel changed. And if you hate it, it'll grow back! :)