Monday, August 6, 2007

some wedding details

i'm going to attempt to upload some details about the wedding now that they are starting to appear. we'll see how this goes . . .

first, my sister's dress:

adorable, no? its the perfect color, i think, and will look so great on her fab shoulders and upper arms (she is nice and toned and has great shoulders).

i bought approximately forty boxes of these candles at ikea for the backyard reception for all over the place:

and these too:


and then i got some of these for the guests on the beach to stay cool:


then i'm going to make eleventy million of these to hang from the trees and also to hang in the tent we're going to rent so that it doesn't look like a tent. the colors should be a magenta, a tangerine, and a lime green. i think.


so here's an approimxation of the flowers that i want, although i don't want it to be this big or springy all over the place. the one i want was in the winter 2007 instyle weddings, but isn't online anywhere that i can find, including the florists' website. weird. the one i like has way more lime green leaves arond the outside, is more tightly bound, and has some yellow macara orchids and yellow ranunculus in it. but you get the idea.


i also have a photo of my wedding dress, but i don't want william to see it. i'd be glad to email it to people who are interested enough to ask.

we also bought a bunch (thirty) tiki torches for the backyard and up the driveway, so that's awesome. we got them on clearance for $2 apiece! summer clearance is great, because then we can get stuff for next year for super cheap. yay for that!

we're really starting to come along now. 294 days to go!

10 comments:

Nanette said...

Ooooh, exciting!

And I'd love to see your dress! Email me at nannersp at gmail.com

Julie Q said...

Ooo my colors were mostly pinks and greens as well! I love all your ideas! I miss the planning part, and you have plenty of time left. Lucky :) I'd like to see the dress too. My email is jqmancini at gmail dot com.

MrsTwink said...

I love the Martha Stewart tissue things! I wanted to do them but kind of waiting way too long and decided not to.

I'm a bridesmaid in an upcoming wedding and am thinking about making them for her bridal shower.

Anonymous said...

Yay! So exciting! I love all your ideas KD - you're a natural at this, as I knew you would be. :)

wan said...

i am loving your WR accomplishments thus far! the BM dress is adorable :) and, i'd love to see the dress AND help you with what you needed - itsjenny at gmail.com.

Cheryl said...

Oooh! Fun! I love the colors and everything.

If you need flowers, I know someone--another Sibley grad actually.

Speaking of Sibley, glad you like my pics!

amber said...

new reader here :-) love the color scheme for the wedding and decor items you're looking at -- so pretty!

Anonymous said...

I'm not really interested in planning the details of a big fancy wedding for myself someday, but for some reason I love hearing about the details of others'. So keep it up. And I'd love to see your dress!

doahleigh@doahleigh.com just in case

Marissa said...

ooh! it's going to be so beautiful!!

R said...

Yes, please. Dress please. :) oreogem at gmail dot com