I want to write so well on every aspect of everything I think of to bring to this here blog that everyone who stops by usually comments. As much as I like writing for me, for a record of my own life, for my own therapy, I also love the community that was built here.
I took some time off, I slacked, I deserve losing some audience.
But I know some of you are still out there.
Some of it is keeping my head in the blogging game, and seriously bringing it here. But I need your help—and no, this isn't a casting for compliments or post ideas:
What is it that makes you come back here? What types of posts resonate with you? Are you still there? What types of things do you wish I wrote more about? Less about? What could I do better? What moves you to comment or create discussion (on any blog, not necessarily mine.)?
Don't leave me with crickets!
10 comments:
I'm here, but I must admit I don't comment nearly as often as I used to. I can't quite put my finger on why. Maybe you just need more frequency.
Because I know you don't have the problem that some of my other old haunts do -- all they talk about are babies and children now, so I just "Mark all as read" in my Google Reader and move on.
Harsh but that's the truth.
On the flip side, I think these people have noticed my commenting absence and no longer visit my blog at all.
It happens.
I really enjoy all your posts, and I try to comment on the ones when I have worthwhile things to say in response. But, I do love the happier posts, the posts about your everyday life, what you and Will did over the weekend, etc. But, that's because I'm your lifelong friend and I just like to know what you do with your time, no matter how boring or trivial, because I care. :) This is how I keep up with you in between our dinner dates.
So, you've been to some weddings and showers lately - what were those like? How's Mo? What's William working on now art-wise? How much are you going to miss your BFF when she goes to Thailand? Lots! You Twitter a bit - what do you think of it?
Sorry I haven't commented as much....I feel like I'd rather just chat with ya (if I can catch ya online!! hehehe). Your writing rocks. I think you should keep up what you've been doing thus far...which, in my opinion, would be to write from the heart.
Don't forget that if you get one comment or twelve..you still ROCK!! :)
I like hearing about the little things. The little quirks that make you Katie, the little things between you and William, the little things that piss you of for make you happy.
I consider you a true friend, but we don't get to experience each others' everyday lives, so I like to read about it.
I like the big issues too though. You always tackle them so well.
Just so you know, I've noticed a major lull in online commenting lately. On my blogs, my Flickr photos, FB, etc. It's like everyone just got lazy. Or maybe it's just cuz I'm boring...
I personally love reading dialogue that you write (you dictate conversations so well!) And I love it when you get passionate about a topic (politics, etc.) because your passion really comes through in your writing. And I agree with A, I like the everyday life posts, too, because it's how I keep up with you between our happy hours. :)
I like hearing about the every day life stuff to be honest. I also like hearing the big issues that come with our age. I have to say when people write about strictly food or travel I will most likely not read it. I enjoy both, but to read about is a snoozefest for me. What makes me comment is a commonality. If I relate to it, I'll say something.
I have to say, since I stopped blogging I'm much lazier about the commenting, which sucks because I should know how great it is to get comments. Also, you always post at night so I usually read it on my reader on the iPhone which pretty much is impossible to comment with. Like this one! I had to mark unread so I could specifically comment in the morning. So, nothing to do with you really at all.
I have to agree with Doahleigh... I've seen a dip in comments everywhere.
For me - its because I've gotten lazy. I've always enjoyed your writing! NOt to sound like we're breaking up because I fully intend to keep reading your blog but it's not you, it's me. :-)
i've really enjoyed all of your blogs with shout-outs to this kilipino friend.
.... or maybe you can update us with your own personal opinion in regards to the latest kanye west incident.
what doahleigh said - pretty much all of it. :)
Post a Comment