Monday, January 26, 2009

Today Is the Greatest...

Ok, maybe not the greatest, necessarily, but it was a good day. And since I've been doing my fair share of moping and having feeeeeeeeeelings up in here, I thought I'd share.

Here are my reasons why I had such a good day today (excuse the poor writing, I am simply too tired after the last couple days of editing to work too hard at this):

--I forgot I parked in a zone that is reserved for commuters from 6 am to 6 pm Monday through Friday. However, on weekends, it's not metered, like most of my neighborhood, and my usual safe spot was taken. Well, since my brain was frozen with the -30 windchill this weekend, I just plain forgot I wasn't in my usual safe spot or I would have moved my car yesterday.

I realized, as I was putting my coat on at 8:30 this morning, that I almost definitely had a $30 parking ticket. In a panic, I ran down the street in my super-awesome boots, (my mom picked them out for my birthday last year) but looking otherwise psycho, only to find that my windshield was ticket-free! I almost did a dance in the middle of the street, I was so excited. I wasn't even mad when I realized I was almost out of gas and had to stop in the snotfreezing cold to get some.

--I had happy hour with a lovely friend, good food, and conversation--and to top it all off, two colleagues of mine were at the bar, and secretly picked up the tab for our first round of drinks.

--An unexpected funny e-mail from another friend, and a sweet e-mail from my husband.

--Encouragement from another friend to kick some butt on my national freelance goal (which was yesterday, but also today), plus tickets to a fun hockey game in a couple of weeks.

Just the kind of stuff I needed to buoy me up for a while. OK, must now collapse. So tired.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty much the coolest boots ever. And I'm glad for your recent buoys!

Charm City Kim said...

I have done that ticket-free happy dance before!

Cheryl said...

yay! I love a happy day :)

Sarah said...

Glad to hear about some positivity :)

I got my mom slip-on Vans with a similar pattern as your boots.

R said...

No ticket?? Awesome!

Marissa said...

that is all great stuff!

katielicht said...

it's so nice to hear about great stuff going on with you! yay.

Nanette said...

I pink puffy heart those boots!