
Molly is a little confused as to what the $%^& I am doing and where our afternoon snuggles have gone...With Molly now eating a treat I can freely move around the loft and not have a little follower at every turn.

Katie and I found these vintage letters at an antique store in St. Paul. Although these blocks are great, Katie gets the award for best find.

Down in the cluttered basement she uncovered this gem! It is a custom Lightolier chandelier. There are a few glass domes that were missing, but at $125 we could not pass this up. It is an energy hog, but it makes our loft sing from within and especially from the street corner outside.

Some of Katie's books. I am sure Katie will get on my case for not selecting her favorite books, but remember I don't read (joking) and I am just looking for pretty things right now.

Katie is a HUGE music fan. This is one of the things that attracted me to her. I am sure you have all heard about our first concert together. She has more CDs than anyone I know and if you think you can outdo her you're crazy.

More cds in the custom cabinet I made for her. It holds upwards of 400 cds and I thought that would be plenty for the both of us. Let's just say I totally underestimated the number of cds, as there are piles and piles of cds all over our place as well as another cd tower.

My love! I was extremely lucky to work with three great guys that got me into biking. As you can see, I need to show my bike some love and give it a good cleaning. Speaking of
bike love. (sorry for the shameless plug, but hey, that's what you're gonna get)

My other love are antique robots and vinyl toys. These things are so damn awesome! Katie and her mom usually give me a new one each year - always a great gift.

My newest little
guy is actually a 2gb USB thumbdrive as well as the coolest little guy you have ever seen.

These great
cuffs have two different antique maps within. One shows St. Paul, where Katie and I call home. The other, Makena beach, the place where we made our vows to love each other forever. The coolest part is that I was able to trade a couple of my photos for them. Now, I just need to get more french cuff shirts...

Our dresser. This was another gem I found in Katie's mom's attic. It belonged to her grandmother, and is totally awesome. In fact, there are many copies of this in recent furniture catalogs. Above the dresser is a beautiful print I purchased in India. The colors are absolutely stunning and it is a depiction of an Indian man and woman getting married. The artist is
Mukesh Sharma.

The colors on the link are not acurate, they are more vibrant like this one.

I bought this "soapstone" statue in Mumbai. It was extremely cheap and there were dozens of identical statues for sale. It is obviously a cast statue, but I love it nontheless.

This craftsman sits just outside of our entrance hall. The "love" print above was purchased at the Art Attack art show for my birthday. My birthday is less than a month before Katie's and so she was able to sneak this purchase before I could swoop in and get it for her.

This is our other art supply storage unit. It came from
Ikea and was incredibly cheap for flat file storage.

Just off to the right of our art supply area are more officey items. Yes, Katie does in fact LOVE Jim.

Want a great way to kill some time...try this retro video game. It comes equipped with a ton of old games.

Some good old minnesota brew to keep me moving along...

As you can see, Molly has stopped moving a long time ago...

One last shot. I made this "think" sign as part of Katie's Christmas present. It is a simple sign made from recycled plywood and made to appear aged. It's something that slows me down on a daily basis to think of what I am devoting my time towards and what I should be focusing on.
15 comments:
how fun to have a peek into your place! i really love the vintage blocks, super cute.
I love these pics! Great work!
And I might have more music than Katie. But it's not because I'm crazy. It's because I'm older. ;)
Great photos! Molly is too cute! I have to admit I like the first santa! Ha!
You have some cool things! Your doggy is especially cute!...and your new toy works great.
gorgeous post! wow!!
wow great photos
LOVE this tour. your loft is so much cooler than ours.
I think my hubby could rival you, K, in the CD department. While I used to encourage him to sell some, that didn't go very far. He did toss all the cases though and keeps them in binders. For me - one who doesn't like much clutter - this is ideal and I thank him for it.
Damn, your place is cool. Now I wish I would have seen it when I was in town last year. Oh well, next time.
You definitely have a knack for the cool and unusual. I think you and Katie should come over and help us decorate. We've been in our house for five years and have a whopping four pictures up.
i so love that photo of your molly.
but i really, really dig those cufflinks. i'm just a sentimental sap like that, though.
I'm glad to see that we're not the only ones with a red craftsman toolbox in the house.
You guys have amazing style! Can I move into your house?
I love the cuff links and the thought behind them. Color me sappy. I also love the mini robot guy and blocks. Oh, and the chandelier. Eff it...it's all cool!
love all these pics and I like the little decorations you have!
Post a Comment