Tonight, I made a purple cabbage slaw and it was mighty tasty.
Here's what I put in it:
2 small sweet red peppers (those smaller, skinnier ones)
half a head of purple cabbage
3 heads of baby bok choy
2 stalks celery
3 Haralson apples (Mmmm, nothing beats a Minnesota-grown Haralson)
3 full carrots, shredded
For the dressing, I used about a half a cup of apple cider vinegar, half a cup of Simply Orange juice, 3 or so tablespoons of honey (mmm, late summer harvest honey from Minnesota farms), salt and pepper.
I thought it'd be improved even with some bacon crumbles and blue cheese, but I thought of this too late.
It was super tasty, and I served it with white rice and some beef skewers I found at Target (an Asian BBQ sauce and sesame seeds on the outside).
Our new knives make me feel like a professional chef, even if William thinks I chop scarily. I would provide pictures but our point and shoot broke in Hawaii...what a pain.
Sorry, I've been in another rut of blogging. I have some ideas set up but none of them are ready to go yet.
William's grandparents kept track of at least one thing they did each day on their yearly calendars. I love that idea. So sometimes I might just post a something from our day. Written in their style, it might say something like this:
"beautiful weather today, in mid-80s. ate beef skewers and new slaw for dinner. spent time showing each other fun ideas on the internet."
OK, now I must go. I am finishing What is the What tonight and I'm not sure why this didn't win the Pulitzer Prize.
7 comments:
doesn't bacon make everything better? also, maybe you can tackle all the posts still saved as drafts. I have way too many.
May I borrow What is What when you're finished?
Did you come up with all on your own? So impressed!
Oh my Katie! You are definitely becoming a domestic goddess....lovemommy
three cheers for new recipies!! I think tackeling posts still saved as drafts is an AWESOME idea (and advice I need to take as well!)
I like the Daily Do List. Cute.
i'm always so proud of myself when i make something new that everyone actually likes to eat.
Post a Comment