Tuesday, October 9, 2007

like relievin' a headache

so, let me speak about this headache that i seem to have inherited from somewheres.
i have never had such a headache in my whole life. it's really weird. it's the beginning of fall allergies, and it hink i have those. and when it rains, allergies act up. but it hasn't been raining THAT much, and i don't feel like the pain is in my sinuses. rather, it's a pulsating pain, which fades to an ache and back and forth like a pendulum, throughout the day. i woke up three times last night, each time with the headache worse than the last, but i think i was waking up from the nightmares i was having. i'll reiterate here that i'm not a "headache person." i don't suffer from migraines, thank god. and it is certainly nothing like what my friend marissa (i can't seem to make a link work tonight: http://mariskris.blogspot.com)—check out her "What Doesn't Kill You" entries—went through recently.
my guess? it's a mixture of lack of sleep, stress, and allergies. but i don' t know. the pain is my jaw, the sides of my head, down the back, my neck, and shoulders. i have tried advil, excedrin migraine, heating pad. the only thing that seems to have really helped so far is the heat, but some of the pain returns when it cools off.
any remedies out there? this is cramping my style (ha, ha). i'm finally getting done with work at normal times for the first time in weeks, but i can't do anything because i don't want to move my eyeballs.
speaking of, i'm off to shut them. wish for me i wake up headache-free!

8 comments:

Kay said...

i get those headaches too, but usually excedrin would make it go away, get it checked out if it doesn't get better =)

Anonymous said...

i wish for you to have woken up headache free this morning. talk to you in a bit...

Nanette said...

I have no advice, but I hope you get some relief soon.

J said...

It sounds like a migraine. Those don't respond to over-the-counter medications like Tylenol. I used to get them when I worked at the paper and a few times I went to the Quick Care and got a shot of a muscle relaxer, which helped. Maybe you can get an emergency appt. with your doctor for migraine medication? I hope you feel better soon.

R said...

I recommend a nice, soothing spa visit with a good massage concentrating on the neck, shoulders, head, and back. Sounds like a nasty tension headache and I get those sometimes. Migraines usually give me light sensitivity and I want a cool, dark room to lay down it so it'll go away. I hope you feel better soon!

wan said...

i can't believe you were blogging while you felt so icky. you are a rock star!

Cheryl said...

Excedrin...totally. It's one of God's greatest creations.

And some sleep always helps me too.

Marissa said...

oh no!! i can definitely relate to this now. i do tend to get headaches (even before the brain bleed), and usually aleve works for me. 2 aleve, and i'm good within about half an hour. also, try to limit the caffeine and get as much sleep as you possibly can.

last week i had a headache for 3 days straight and before the bleed, i would never have thought anything of it, but because of all that happened i panicked. i called my doctor at least 4 times (she thinks i'm nuts!). thankfully, i think my headache was related to allergies/seasons changing and NOT anything regarding the hemorrhage.