Thursday, July 1, 2010

SIck of Thinking Up Dinner

Seriously.

I have a few recipes that I make over and over for ease, prep time, cook time. I don't usually get home until later, so time is of the essence. I'm getting sick of them.

I need some new ideas. HALP.

9 comments:

katielicht said...

i feel the same way so, so often! i've been meaning to do a new meal plan post on my tumblr, because I have been trying to scale back my dinner preparation this summer. I'll let you know when I post it.

by the way, nice to see you! :) hope your summer is going well.

katielicht said...

oh, there's also this, too:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/18/dining/18mini.html

lots of good ideas.

Anonymous said...

kraftfoods.com

We make a lot of stir fry - which has countless different sauces (I'm a big fan of coconut curry).

we just made a vegetarian quesedilla, which was really good - black beans, onion, tomato, cilantro, cheese in a tortilla. Spray the tortilla with pam & "grill" - quick, easy & delicious.

I tend to forget about tacos, too, but they're always good.
Happy Eating!

Kate said...

Try this:
http://www.whatthefuckshouldimakefordinner.com/

Refresh for hours of enjoyment!

Unknown said...

i need to check out the last commenters link. sounds like it would be right up my alley.

also. allrecipes.com is good for a change of pace.

Stacy said...

I would also recommend kraftfoods.com. It has weekly shopping lists with meal ideas that morph from one day to the next, and has helped me come up with my own morphing meal ideas...for instance, I lovez me some basil, tomatoes and mozzarella cheese...so I'll splurge and the first night make a caprese salad...the second night, I'll whip out a betty crocker "just add water" pizza crust, and then make a semi homemade margherita pizza... Viola! Two meals, with about five ingredients total.

Good luck on your food adventure!

Fatty said...

Try out Ellie Krieger's The Food You Crave. Good food, good for you, and easy to prepare. Under twenty bucks on Amazon.

wan said...

there are a buttload of sites that offer 30-minute meals, if that helps. rachael ray has a lot of good ones, too.

xoxo,
one who has not cooked in weeks

Marissa said...

all i know how to make is cereal. pour the milk into the bowl. easy! :-) haha (you think i'm kidding...)