Monday, February 8, 2010

Today, in Bullet Points

People, I'm overloaded. Can't do any decent writing today. But I know you're just waiting on edge to hear what I've been up to, so here we go:

  • Scraped my car windows not one, not two, not three, but FOUR times.
  • Checked the snow emergency website like FIVE times.
  • Drove all the way to work and then all the way back, so I could work from home and avoid rush hour.
  • Felt grateful for my sweet little SUV, which powered me through the snow like nobody's business.
  • Got a phone call from my auto body buddy, who asked how my new car was doing.
  • Sang along to the radio.
  • Did some research about British English and the differences between British English and American English.
  • Ate some reheated hot-and-sour soup. And a box-made Ghiradelli dark-chocolate brownie (They are SO GOOD).
  • Cooked dinner—honey-soy glazed chicken with bell peppers and snap peas stir-fry—with my handsome husband.
  • Did the dishes.
  • Went to the bank, dropped off dry cleaning, chauffered the dog, got crunched at the chiro.
  • Daydreamed about the trip we're taking in less than TWO WEEKS!
  • Heard my massage therapist warning me to stop carrying the weight of the world.
  • Edited some fun stuff.
  • Gave the UPS customer service people an earful.
  • Listened to some new mp3s: Charlotte Gainsbourg, Regina Spektor.
  • Made more to-do lists.

To do, to do, to do. . . . . .

7 comments:

A. said...

Weird. I had Ghiradelli brownies last night too! YUM-O!

wan said...

your dinner sounded fantastic!

no worries, my friend - life isn't always super exciting all the time. god knows mine isn't! hang in there.

Charm City Kim said...

those brownies sound frickin' amazing.

Want to send some to Baltimore? :-)

Fatty said...

T-minus ten days to T-land! Mentally and emotionally, I'm ready to roll. But practically? Ugh, I have so, so much left to do.

CMS said...

Less than two weeks?!? I can't wait to hear (or read) all about your travel adventures!

It was great seeing you at A's baby shower. Hopefully I'll be seeing you on a regular basis in the future. :)

Unknown said...

you've reminded me to make a list to remind myself to make a to-do-list.

dapotato said...

i'm loving charlotte gainsbourg and the newish regina spektor, too!