Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Winter Wonderland

So, we're getting socked with our first winter storm of the year. It's slippery and windy and snowy and gross. I went to weather.com to see the latest, so obviously I'm interested and/or concerned about road conditions and travel tomorrow.

But I have to say, this totally cracked me up.

On weather.com's home page:

Vicious winter storm blasts the Midwest

Parts of the Midwest are being ravaged by an December blizzard while the Northeast looks at a wintry mess.

Then, when you enter your zip code, it must do a weather-coding translation based on where you live. Because St. Paul's summary is this:


Light Snow

17°F
Feels Like
2°F

Muaaaaaahahahahahahaa! For the rest of the world it's ravaging blizzards, but for we St. Paulites, it's just a little light snow. Midwestern modesty kicking in. Or bragging rights? Or stupidity for continuing to live here? You decide.

8 comments:

weezermonkey said...

Meanwhile, we are shivering here at 48 degrees. Tee hee hee.

A. said...

By February, this "storm" will be a piece of cake compared to what we probably could get between now and then. 2-4 inches people? That's nothing. Really.

CMS said...

I don’t mind the snow, it’s the ice and cold that sucks. I hate being so cold that every muscle in your body is tense, and I hate when the roads are so slick that you have to drive 10 mph or risk sliding through every stop sign you hit.

Charm City Kim said...

Maryland is the worst! we get all kinds of winter storm warnings... and god forbid there be any sort of precipitation because everyone forgets how to drive.

Em said...

Well, we definitely got the brunt of the storm here - Evansville had 15 inches on the ground this morning, and now it is blowing around. Everything down here closed, except my office! :) I did take a snow day, though. That is the one good thing - a day off in the middle of the week!

William said...

the weather terrorists have won

Eludius said...

You have to admit that the panic that sets in within those boarder states is lots of fun. 24 hour coverage of 2 inches of snow is nothing to sneeze at.

wan said...

what the monkey said.

hell, i'm chilled to the bone at 55.