Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Mirror, Mirror

There are a few things I do want to blog about but haven't had time to catch a breath!

Today, unfortunately, was one of those days where nothing went quite right. I'll just tell you the beginning of my day, and that should be enough.

So, a couple of days ago, I decided to order myself a couple of things because my clothes have gotten a little too tight. (I posted about this a couple weeks ago).

Long story short, I have been on the no-pop-wagon for 41 days and counting. I thought for SURE this would help. I've been eating salads and lean proteins for lunch, low fat yogurt and low fat granola for breakfast, lots of fruits, and tons of fresh food since the Farmers' Market is in full swing. I've even been working out... that's just starting, but I have been doing it. I've been giving it a true effort.

In any case, I figured that wedging myself into jeans that made me feel like a stuffed sausage was not helping my self-image, so I figured I'd buy a pair to buoy me while I tried to get back down to last year's weight.

I got them in the mail last night.

I tried them on before work, excited because they were exactly what I wanted, for half price. I even thought I bought them big enough.

I didn't.

Like.

Not even close.

I'm fairly sure it's a result of the medication I have been on, in a cruel twist, to control my stomach.

The scale keeps rising. I don't want to have to buy new clothes, nor does my new saver self want/can do it.

I can't help but care about it. I know it doesn't change who I am as a person, but I already have enough health issues. I don't need to have to worry about this too. Can't a girl catch a break?

I am most definitely throwing myself a pity party.

4 comments:

A. said...

Oh no! Hang in there. Do you think the jeans are just made small? That happens all the time where you can be a size 6 at one place but have to wear a size 8 somewhere else...

I'm going with it's not you but the manufacturer.

But I know how you feel, and it sucks. But you're beautiful, in every single way (cue music)... Remember that!

doahleigh said...

I agree with A. If you bought bigger than you normally wear and they're still too tight, then it sounds like a manufacturing problem. Clothing manufacturers can be real asshats.

Sarah said...

Ugh. Maybe you should go talk to your doctor about it? If it's making you unhappy, you shouldn't just 'live with it.'

I have an extra 20 I'd like off, personally. It's hard :-/ Especially when you have health concerns and medications changing the equation. Good luck!

CMS said...

I still think you look HOT!!!

But, for what it's worth, I totally feel your pain. I worked so hard for MONTHS before my friend's May 2 wedding and only managed to lose 5 lbs. It was very, very frustrating.

P.S.
Have you tried weight training? It's supposed to work wonders for our [aging, slowing] metabolism.