Thursday, April 9, 2009

A good day

Tonight I made a dinner so horrible we both took about two bites and then promptly threw it in the trash.

And we had peanut butter and jelly toast instead.

I keep giggling to myself about it.


Today was beautiful and sunshiny and birds were singing. I took Molly for a walk and she pranced around, trotting here and there, and wagging her nub. She cruised around in figure eights, sniffing all the new sniffs released after the snow is (blessedly) gone, finding a long-gone rabbit's trail, but chasing like she caught sight. She stopped every few to look back at me, like, Mama! Isn't this the greatest moment ever in the history of moments?

My sweet dog Molly. She has a knack for making those moments.

5 comments:

A. said...

Yay for good days! That's what I like to hear from my friend!

wan said...

i'm always so sad when i make something for dinner and it turns out ass-y.

but yay for pb&j!

Charm City Kim said...

That sucks about dinner but PB&J is always good!

And I love those moments with my dogs.

Cheryl said...

and in that moment, wasn't it? :) Ah, nothing like a happy day!

Jurgen Nation said...

Awww...how sweet is that. Jurgen does the figure eights, the sniffing invitational and the uber cute and inspirational love of absolutely everything. Kisses to Molly!