Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Not Everyone Can Carry the Weight of the World

Sigh.
I have been feeling tired and kinda blue lately. That weight on the shoulders feeling. I don't know what my problem is. A mix of hormones and it being dark and cold all the time again, I guess. Today was the first day it smelled cold outside, a really sterile smell, nothing bad, but just the smell of snow and winter. Sad, we're moving quickly into December.

But! We had a lovely, lovely dinner at William's parents' house last night for our collective birthday (Wm's is Nov. 20, mine's in a week). His mom made an awesome spread of Thai food--a kind of modified papaya salad with steak, which was super fresh and crunchy-good, pad Thai, chicken satay with peanut sauce . . . mmmmmm. Seriously. With pretty dishes and everything. Wine and awesome chocolate cake with coffee/heath ice cream and lots of laughs. All our favorites!

And! She sewed me a yoga-mat bag...with this super awesome fabric, I can't wait to sport it at class. (I need all the motivation I can get these days).

I'll have to take a photo and post it.

Not gonna lie, I'm low on blog material from posting every day (and even some of those weren't very good). Blah. I need some inspiration.

11 comments:

Sarah said...

definitely sounds like a mild case of S.A.D. Start putting up some Christmas lights. It helps, I swear :)

Hope you start bucking up soon.

Anonymous said...

Somehow I keep forgetting that our birthdays are so close, and everytime I'm reminded of it I get excited again. Seriously, we're practically the same person. :)

Happy birthday soon! Hope that weight on your shoulders lets up a little.

(the word verification for this comment is "money" - I think that's a good sign for us)

A. said...

Hang in there - it's probably the winter blues. Read over that thankful list you posted last week, that may help.

Hmmm, what to write about? You could do a list of your favorite things - a la Oprah?

Or, you could post about a couple of those times you fell down while walking - those always cheer us up when we reminisce about them. ;)

Or, tell us about one good thing and one bad thing that happened to you during each day?

Or, Write a beauty post, since you're all about things to do with beauty (and you're beautiful). Your favorite dry skin remedy? :)

Cheryl said...

I hear you. I'm low on blog material, and I just go off hiatus! What does that mean?

I'm hungry now after reading about that meal. Yum!

CMS said...

Please post about affordable fashion trends, KD. I need some inspiration as far as my (pathetic) winter wardrobe goes, and you—being a former beauty editor AND one of my most stylish/trendy friends—always seem to know what's in and where to find the best deals.

Nanette said...

Yucky weather bums me out, too.

And NaBloPoMo totally drained me the years I did it. Totally understandable.

R said...

Your meal sounds like it was great. And you were able to eat it, right? You've that stomach thing to manageable now. That's good. Right? Keep your head up. :)

weezermonkey said...

Sometimes you just need to take a break from blogging. Then you go back, and it's awesome.

See, my blog is easy -- it's not hard to show you what I eat. ;)

Marissa said...

Sounds like such a fun birthday celebration! That is so cool that William's mom made you a yoga bag! What a thoughtful, creative gift.

Ben said...

You should start compiling your best-of lists for 2008. Songs. Albums. Movies. Moments. Whatever. It's great ammo for blogging. (In fact, I just killed about an hour or two doing just this when I probably should have been doing actual "work"!)

wan said...

when you are a silly, narcissistic freak like me, it's not hard to find crap to blog about. i'm sorry you've been bummin', though you can always pull up either of the bridal twirl clips if you need a good laugh :)